Re: wprintf anybody?

On Apr 10 11:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:22:18AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Looking into newlib, I don't think it's really a lot.  It's more about
> >complexity.  Most of the usual string manipulation functions exist.
> >
> >What's missing is a real LC_COLLATE implementation, so that wcscoll
> >and wcsxfrm (and, FWIW, strcoll and strxfrm) are not just simple cmp
> >and cpy functions.
> >
> >What's missing are the float to string functions wcstof, wcstod,
> >wcstold(*).
> >
> >And what's missing is wchar_t IO like fputwc, fgetws and wprintf.
> >
> >I think that's it, basically.  Are you going to take a stab at it?
>
> Can't we just leverage these functions from FreeBSD?

In theory we should be able to do that for the collating stuff.

As for the long double functions, they would have to fit into the
floating point code in newlib in terms of error handling and stuff.

As for the IO functions, you'll have to fit the FreeBSD functions into
the newlib stdio layout.  I don't know how simple that is.  I assume
it's simpler to copy the single-byte newlib functions and convert them
to wchar_t.