Re: Filenames with Win32 special characters (or: Interix filename compatibility)

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Erm... I'm talking about the 0xf0xx filenames, not about the 0x0331
> type...  In theory that shouldn't matter, though(*).

But notepad is a Unicode app and uses CreateFileW so it doesn't really
matter that it doesn't understand the codepoints, it can still open it
when passed the filename from explorer or when selected from the File
Open common dialog.  Not the best testcase.  I'm talking about accessing
the file in ANSI apps - they will just have no chance of ever opening it
since the filename as they see it will ascii '?' for those codepoints.
For example an ANSI GUI Win32 program will let you see the file and
select it in the File Open dialog (since comdlg32 is unicode) but it
will just give an error that it can't access the file once you hit
enter.

Brian