Re: EOL for Windows 95/98/Me

According to Corinna Vinschen on 2/7/2007 3:17 AM:

> Btw., it just occured to me that I'd rather get rid of the 9x stuff in
> the 1.7.0 DLL entirely.  This would have visible advantages.
>

> You're all convinced, right?

Fine by me - one of the reasons that I was able to convince my wife last
fall that it was time to replace my 8-year-old 266MHz win98 machine with a
brand-new dual-core 2.6GHz WinXP machine was this very thread, and telling
her that win98 is no longer supported by Microsoft.  Which means I no
longer test any of my packages on win98, and am no longer sure that all my
coreutils tweaks work in spite of win98's limitations.

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net