Re: fhandler_console.c refresh?

cygwin-developers-owner@cygwin.com wrote on 01/12/2007 03:01:38 PM:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:46:30PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Basically,

Sorry about that: my employer forces me to use Lotus Notes.  I think I
turned off
HTML, but you never know with Notes.  If this message doesn't work, I'll
switch
to my ISP account.

I submitted the disclaimer request to my local general manager, who
immediately
said isn't "RedHat a competitor?"  So we'll see what happens :-)

> submit patches

> gracefully.
> >>
> >> There is SIGWINCH handling in the console already.  If it isn't
working,
> >> that's a bug.  However, IIRC, it isn't possible to emulate this 100%
> >> perfectly.
> >
> >Too bad.  I'm missing this usually when running vim or gdb in a console
> >window.

I've seen it, it's one of the things I want to fix.  The Windows console
api
is screwy in this area, it normally doesn't give events for windows
resize- only
buffer resize.  I'm not sure how Cygwin is dealing with this yet.  I'm
guessing it
polls, but I haven't looked into it enough yet.

> How about making it work more like the linux console with its mouse
> support?

I want it to work like an xterm: so unless the application enables mouse
support,
the simple left button to select, middle button to paste thing should
work as in xterm- but of course everything should be optional.  I'm not
yet sure
how this should interact with windows clipboard.

Joe