Re: WININET not on NT4?

On Jan 13 06:06, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > Per MSDN, wininet.dll should be available on NT4 so I'm wondering if
> > my system is just broken, or if wininet.dll is NOT available on NT4
> > in contrast to MSDN's description.
>
> Hrm, that sucks.  MSDN seemed pretty clear that it should be there on
> everything back to 95/NT4.
>
> > Brian, since you created this functionality, would you mind to look into
> > dynamicalize (urgh) the wininet function calls *iff* necessary?
>
> Certainly.

Thanks.  I'm really at a loss right now.  I examined the original NT4
installation CD from.... well, last century, and there are no traces of
any WININET.*  OTOH, The file WININET.DLL is certainly on the Service
Pack 6a CD.  But the machine claims to have SP6 installed...  Anyway, I
just copied the WININET.DLL over to my NT4 system and cygrunsrv still
doesn't work because WININET.DLL requires SHLWAPI.DLL which is also
missing on my system, and which is *not* on the SP6 CD :-(((

Sigh, I think I should reinstall a fresh NT4 plus SP6 and see what
happens.

Nevertheless, if somebody could enlighten me and the whole Cygwin
universe what's right or wrong on NT4 with respect to WININET.DLL, don't
be shy.