Using eCos code in Cygwin

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Jan 21 20:09:00 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I've been working on integrating the full bind resolver into Cygwin and,
as such, have seen fit to use some code from eCos (specifically for
inet_ntop, inet_pton, & *ifaddrs).  At the time I did this, it didn't
seem to be a problem, since the code was copyrighted by Red Hat.
However, I'm asking now in light of this announcement (which was sent in
the latest "Under The Brim"):

http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2004/press_eCosFSF.html

Is there anyway you could get an exception for Cygwin, since I'm almost
certain that Stallman & friends are going to convert everything from
BSD/Red Hat -> GPL (grrrr)?  IANAL, so I thought it best to ask now,
before I go any farther.  If not, I'll just go back to the drawing
board.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nicholas