This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: time for 1.5.11?
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:46:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: time for 1.5.11?
- References: <20040609170113.GA2866@coe.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Anyway, on to the future... Would it make sense to release a 1.5.11?
> Do you think we've hit all of the fallout from the path reorg/speedup?
Should we do something about relative Windows paths now bypassing the
mount table and thus being always binary by default?
A simple idea is to use the cygdrive mode as the default.
It's also consistent to have /cygdrive/c/xxx and c:\xxx behave the same.
Granted, that may break some installations, but at least it can be adjusted.
It would also fix
~> mount -c -t /
~> cygpath -M /c/xxx
~> cygpath -M c:/xxx
cygpath: file 'c:/xxx' - No error <= the mode is unspecified, cygpath
~> cygpath -M //xxx
cygpath: file '//xxx' - Not a directory <= Ditto. errno is from rootdir.
> The minimal list of changes is below. I probably need more words from
> Pierre and Corinna, as usual.
Looks fine as far as I am concerned.