Re: Export autoload functionality?

Thank you very much for the reply.

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 03:55:47PM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
> >A really "off the wall" idea I know, but would it be possible or
> >desireable to export the autoload functionality?  I'd sure like to use it
> >in a Cygwin app.
> >
> >I'm still studying the code, but I thought I'd ask for "quick, off the
> >cuff" feedback before wasting too much time on it.  A simple:
> >
> >1.) Impossible
>
> Very hard.

Ok.

> >2.) Bad idea
>
> Not really the function of cygwin.  It's certainly not a POSIX function.

Understood; it is just an incredibly usefull thing.

> However, nothing is stopping you from adapting the macros in autoload.cc
> in your own GPLed application.

Yeah, I know.  Unfortunately, this particular instance would be our own
Red Hat licensed Cygwin based application.  Hence, I don't think we could
use it unless it comes from Cygwin.  As such, I was hoping there would be
a way to contribute it for everyone.  Oh well :-(.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer