Re: The cygheap saga

cgf wrote:
<snip>

The other thing I'd *really* like to do is somehow construct the DLL such that the N bytes of the cygheap are automatically reserved by the loader. I can't tell if this is impossible to do in PE format/Windows or if it's just not possible to do with GNU ld.

Chris,

If you're not put off by the idea, you might try asking this guy:

http://www.wheaty.net/

If anyone is the authority on all things PE, IMHO he's it. Despite your reservation regarding private inquiries, if you send him a ESR-smartly-asked query, he'll usually respond (at least that's what I'm told by a friend of mine who sent him a question last year). What's there to loose other then a few minutes?

Cheers,
Nicholas