Re: 1.5.8 release announcement

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:35:13PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:48:07PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>>>I can't duplicate this on my system, fwiw.
>>
>>strace didn't show anything unusual.
>>I think it's a cygrunsrv issue. It seems to go together with a syslog
>>error entry. Looking at the Windows event log, the syslog error entries
>>(signal 15 raised) started appearing last time I updated cygrunsrv.
>
>Huh.  My system is really out-of-date apparently.  How embarrassing.  I
>was using vmware for a long time but I've inexplicably switched to using
>vnc to my XP system recently and the XP system hasn't been updated in
>a long time.
>
>After updating cygrunsrv and exim I can now duplicate the problem.
>
>More news at 11.

Reverting cygrunsrv causes the problem to go away.

I have stepped through cygrunsrv and it looks like exim is detecting an
exit status of "signal 15" exit and the latest version of cygrunsrv is
exiting with a -1 as a result.  Should exim really be exiting in this
case instead?

Is this expected behavior?  Corinna?