Re: environment setup problem with "env -"

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

FWIW, here's what I get on my machine:

$ env - /bin/env
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\
LOGONSERVER=\\PECHTCHA
SYSTEMDRIVE=C:
SYSTEMROOT=C:\WINNT
USERDOMAIN=PECHTCHA
USERNAME=igor
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\igor
$

The one that caused me grief was USERPROFILE. It caused trouble because of a 3rd party tool that did not expect any spaces in its value. I was a little surprised at first because I am using env for strict control of the environment.

If they have to stay because Microsoft says so, I guess I'll have
to work around this some other way.
--
Joe Buehler