[corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com: Re: Failed non-blocking connect returns incorrect errno on AF_UNIX protocol]

Thomas Pfaff tpfaff@gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 09:48:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Did you see this, Thomas?
>
> AFAICS, the solution would probably be to switch to blocking as you
> suggested yesterday.  On a quick glance I don't see another reliable
> way to get the desired behaviour otherwise.

I think this is a typical WINSOCK problem.
On *NIX i always get a "connection refused" immediately for local
connections even if the socket is nonblocking. WINSOCK always seems to
return EINPROGRESS under such conditions.

Since it can not take to much time even to determine whether a connect
can be made for local connections i see no problem here.

Thomas