Re: [f]statvfs (was Re: bug in statfs)

Corinna wrote:

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:52:48AM -0500, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

DrMingW or running stuff directly inside gdb. Of course, it would be a good thing if someone could track this down.

You have WinME, you're predestined to track it down.

And to some extent I have been trying, but as I'm sure Pierre can point out, this is easier said then done.

I'll close by stating a more fundamental point which is that strict checking makes Cygwin behave in a more POSIXly Correct manner, which can be, and often is, desirable. As a side thought, I think it might be interesting to see how many developers use this mode by default. As for the slowness, to borrow a

I've implemented it and I don't. This was part of a contract, nothing I really think should be used on a regular basis but only where necessary for some reason.

I guess we have a difference of opinion, but let me say thanks for making the mode possible.

Of course, I'm sure patches to do this will be gratefully accepted ;-).

I think we have far more interesting and important stuff on the "to do" or "nice to have" list.

That was meant as a bit of self-deprecating humor. I was trying to imply that if this is something I'd like to see, odds are I'm going to have to do it myself. You are right, there are more important things to do.

Cheers,
Nicholas