Re: ntsec change needed to read one of my partitions

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 04:39:36PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> >   528  239179 [main] getfacl 42232 getacl: Type: 0, Flags: B, Mask: 10000000
>
> That's the GENERIC_ALL bit in the Mask, we should take it (and its siblings)
> into account.

I've checked in two patches, the first is to take the GENERIC bits into
account, the second is, to drop the need for the calling function to
care for the SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR buffer size.  As I suggested, I added
a class security_descriptor, which should be a local variable.  It's
internal SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR buffer is allocated in the affected underlying
functions.  The value is taken from calls to Windows functions which
return with the needed buffer size when called with insufficient size
parameter.  This should solve the problem with too small buffers when
reading a security descriptor.

Red Hat, Inc.