Re: problem with readonly pinfo?

To say it as simply as possible:

Proces a is owned by 'cgf' it forks process b which eventually changes
its uid to 'foo'.

Can process a send a signal to process b?

I'm not necessarily talking about what is possible with the
implementation now in CVS.  We'd like to use windows security to control
who can send signals to what as much as possible, right?  The problem is
that UNIX sends signals (like CTRL-C) to processes in a process group,
regardless of process ownership.  In cygwin, it's up to the parent
process to do this.

I think you're saying that this will work ok, right?  And we should be
able to use the same security for the pipe as well, I assume?