Re: 1.5.0 - showstopper?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> I think I've fixed the cygwin magic that creates the aliased functions
>>> such that replaced objects like "open" and "fopen" now look like other,
>>> normal import objects.  It seems to fix this problem in a simple test
>>> case, anyway.
>>> [...]
>> So, okay...
>>
>> But I still think libcygwin.a should be added to the exlude libs list.
:-)

> I'm curious, does that still make sense now?  Should libcygwin.a be added
> to that list or is the problem ultimativly fixed by adding the appropriate
> symbols to libcygwin.a?  Somehow I'm missing the conclusion in this
> discussion.

There is at least one other problem that I think would be avoided if
libcygwin was in the excludes: currently, if you build a dll which uses
getopt, getopt will be reexported from the dll. Now try to link to the dll -
the linker complains because getopt is available in both the dll and
libcygwin.a.

But I think is safe to say this is not a showstopper, since it has been this
way for quite some time.

Max.