Re: Added some interesting functionality to my cygwin sandbox

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:19:37PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>Use a character that's not allowable instead of '$', e.g., '\\' or even
>something non-printable...  We don't have to follow the shell variable
>convention on this one.

But that's exactly what started this thread.  Everything that is
available on UNIX is available on cygwin now, including '\\'.  The only
thing that's not available is \0.  I guess theoretically it is possible
to have a filename on UNIX which contains a nul byte but you have to
work pretty hard to create one of those.

We could use nul bytes for this, I suppose.  No one has to read the file.