Re: stat matters

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:05:00PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> >I can't test the patch now, but it looks like all files on FAT
> >will be marked NOTEXEC if ntsec is on.
>
> Correct.  They will be marked as "don't open the file to check for
> executable".  If there was an actual "don't care" state, I would have
> used that.

But on FAT we want to open the file and check, don't we?
It's only when the x bit is determined by ntsec that we don't.
That depends on the condition (which would go into a renamed pc.has_acls)
fs.flags & FS_PERSISTENT_ACLS
&& allow_ntsec
&& wincap.has_security ()
&& (allow_smbntsec || ! fs.is_remote_drive)

> If we do that, then the function name 'has_acls' should change.  It
> would no longer reflect the meaning of the function.

Yes.

> >In addition pc->has_acls() is used in fstat_helper() to determine
> >the inode algorithm, which means that it could be influenced by
> >smbntsec. Why not use the filesystem flags directly, they are
> >in pc ?
>
> Because the filesystem flags have only been in pc for a couple of days?

Hasn't it been in pc for a long time, but in fhandler for
a couple of days? I am not sure it's necessary in fhandler, but I know
the issue can be revisited after you export your sandbox changes.

Pierre