Re: key64_t? ino64_t?

cygwin@cwilson.fastmail.fm wrote:
cgf wrote:

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 07:40:55PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

This is important to decide and to code ASAP, to get out 1.5.0 finally.

Do we want a 64 bit key_t in Cygwin? Yes? No? Who will do the changes?

I'd say yes. The changes should be trivial compared to ino_t.

Actaully, I don't think anything in winsup (other than cygserver itself)
uses key_t -- and cygserver was designed to use 64bit key_t from the
beginning.  So as long as the redefinition of key_t in newlib is guarded
by #if __CYGWIN__ (so that ./newlib/libc/sys/linux/ stuff that DOES use
key_t is protected from this change), I think you're home free.

FWIW, the patch that Robert originally said ought to be applied to newlib
before playing with cygdaemon is here (you want the key_t patch,
obviously, and NOT the exportipc.patch)

That's the patch I've been using for the last 8 months, I guess I never bothered to change my local sources because I thought maybe Conrad would show up again or I might aquire enough knowledge & time to tackle it myself. FWIW, it doesn't seem to have any harmful side-effects from my perspective and daily use of Cygwin (but then again I don't care about backwards compat, so I suppose that changes things).

Cheers,
Nicholas