Re: cygthread::cygthread() hang

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:33:03AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:38:48PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>>It appears to.  The test is still running, but the stack is no longer
>>>walking through memory -- it is always using the same memory region for
>>>the pipe_read cygthread stack, as a matter of fact.
>>>
>>>Do you want a patch or will you take care of it?
>>
>>If it's just the simple change that you mentioned, I'll take care of
>>it.
>
>I've checked in my latest revamp of cygthread.cc along with the patch that
>Joe posted.

...and there is still a much slower memory leak.  I inadvertantly left
a test process running and came back to XP informing me that I didn't
have enough virtual memory.  The test program had allocated a lot of
space after 24 hours of once a second interrupts of a pipe read.  I
don't know where the space is being used since the thread stack base
obviously is being reused.  I guess this is one of those inavoidable
leaks that occur when you play with fire, i.e., TerminateThread.