RE: True case-sensitive filenames

Larry Hall wrote:
> Admittedly, this is a smaller issue than the question
> of interoperability with Windows programs.

Again not speaking for everyone, this doesn't seem
like a major issue to me. It pushes the problem back
into Cygwin, preventing conflicting names. But it is
at the expense of Unix incompatibilities. If you had
stuck to non-conflicting names, there would be no
issue either way. If you're starting from Unix, you
now have to deal with the naming problem, even if
you were happy to avoid looking at the source files
from Windows.

I can certainly understand not making this default
behavior, of course. You really only need to enable
this feature from "tar xf" through "make install".
But it would be sweet to have it then.

-Jerry