Re: cygserver merge

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 07:20:54AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> >I'm of the release-early-and-often camp. I vote to merge up.
>
> I agree.  However, if you have made changes to other parts of cygwin
> than the cygserver* files, you still need to get approval.

The only changes outside of the cygserver-related files are in dcrt0.cc,
fhandler_tty.cc, and tty.cc, where I've changed some of the cygserver
code.

I've not had to do such a merge before so how should I go from here?  In
particular, do I produce a single large patch that sweeps up all the
changes pending on the branch?  Or, do you want to see a separate patch
for the non-cygserver files?

Note that this can't quite be a simple merge since there are issues such
as the include/sys files that are differently named on the mainline
version; also the cygwin.din changes shouldn't be incorporated.

Lastly, what sort of ChangeLog entry should I use?  All the entries I've
put into the branch ChangeLog or some summary or just "merge from
branch"?

> Also, please make sure that GNU coding standards are still being met.

I'll check this through this evening: I think I've been conformant but
I'll double check.

> And, one thing that I usually do is sweep through the source files
> eliminating excess white space, like space tab or space at the end of
> lines.  It would be nice if this was taken care of prior to the merge
> rather than after.

I frequently go through and check this too so it should all be clean:
I'll run it through once more before submitting anything.

Cheers,

// Conrad