Re: Corinna or Pierre please comment? [jason@tishler.net: Re: setuid() problem when disconnected from PDC under 1.3.12-2]

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 08:33:51AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:22:59PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 08:17:05AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > > So, it appears that I can get my domain group(s) from the cached
> > > credentials even after being disconnected from my PDC for a "long" time
> > > when I logon with a password.  Where do we go from here?
> >
> > Did you logout and then login again while being disconnected?
>
> Yes.
>
> Actually, I first tried it *without* logging out and then after
> re-logging in -- all while being disconnected.  There was no difference
> -- my domain groups were still available.  Was 14 hours long enough?

Sure.  The problem is that there's no such info available for
the services running under system account, AFAICS.  The cached
credentials are not accessible in a programatic way, except for
logon applications.  So you have this information as soon as
you logon locally or you logon via ssh w/ password since that's
running a LogonUser() call which is nearly the same as logging in
locally.

Really, I have no idea how to do that.  As I said, the old way
worked by returning *wrong* information.  It's not a choice to

Red Hat, Inc.