Re: release schedule and a problem on getopt_long.

Sure enough:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2001-09/msg00414.html

But apparently the decision was reached to force POSIXLY_CORRECT in order to enable strace (and others) to work as the did before the GNU getopt.c was included. However, the decision itself was not reflected in the archive -- except perhaps in cygwin-cvs <g>. You were, at that time, "inclined to leave it the way it is" -- e.g. normal GNU behavior, with POSIXLY_CORRECT defaulting to off, and responsive to the environment variable of the same name -- but it appears that you changed your mind.

As I said, it's not really a problem and is easy enough to work around. Thanks for the pointer.

--Chuck