Re: release schedule and a problem on getopt_long.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 02:05:54PM +0900, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:
>Would you like to tell us the plan of releasing the Cygwin DLL 1.3.11,
>and future releases when you will plan them.  The contributors joining
>in this list can work well for the releases if they know the plans.

I think I've been mentioning that I will be releasing 1.3.11 soon.  I've
been asking people to check snapshots for a couple of weeks now.  I was
waiting for pthreads patches to be incorporated.  I keep thinking
they're done but one more creeps in.

I'm a little concerned about the slowdown that one person is reporting
but, absent any useful details, I will probably release cygwin anyway
and let the masses complain bitterly about it until some bright person
tracks it down.

I've mentioned a few plans for the next major release.  Corinna may
finish the 32 bit uid, 64 bit file offsets.  I hope to have a more
generalized mount interface for something like /proc and /dev.  I also
promised Chris J that I would think up some mechanism for allowing him
to report /proc/cmdline.

I think you know that I don't rigorously plan releases.  I don't have
the luxury of doing that.

>By the way, I seemed to find a problem in getopt_long causing
>a trouble for cygpath and strace. I'm tracking down it now.
>Please wait a moment for the release of 1.3.11.

I'm still waiting for a pthread fix, I think, so 1.3.11 won't happen
until that is accepted or rejected.