RE: System-wide mutexes and pthreads

Here's the process:
A) hack on the branch
B) Decide that feature foo is ready for release (i.e. won't destabilise
HEAD, and is not going to change in such a fashion as to break ABI in
the future.
C) Submit a patch, based on the HEAD->branch delta, to implement foo in
HEAD, whilst leaving all alpha and beta code in the branch.

> Also, to check the interpretation of "100% happy": those cygserver/shm
> patches I sent earlier this week, what category would they
> fall into?

Most would be 100% happy IMO. The debug consolidation one, I've got some
longer term ideas as discussed, but is probably 100% ok as well.

> My
> feeling is that they don't add new features or change anything of the
> fundamental design, they could be committed directly. Or am I
> out of line
> here?

Nope. Just fine.

Rob