Re: Am I using dumper.exe correctly?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:57:09PM -0500, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>>  Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:47:55 -0500
>>  From: Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
>>
>>  Is there a .stackdump file being created?
>
>It's difficult to diagnose exactly what's happening, since we run our
>automated builds in an off-screen desktop, i.e., we don't expect them
>to pop up any dialogs, and if any dialogs *do* pop up, the build hangs
>because there's a dialog off in never-never-land waiting for someone
>to click "OK".  We think that's what's happening here, because (a) the
>builds are hanging with only Cygwin processes in the process list and
>(b) we've seen dialogs of this sort occasionally when running manual
>builds *not* in an off-screen desktop.
>
>I don't know why the dialog gets popped up instead of a stackdump
>being generated.

Ah.  I've seen this from time to time.  I'm never 100% sure why you see
a dialog rather than a stack dump.

Initially, I thought it was because a SEGV happened just prior to the
initialization required for trapping an exception but I would swear
that I've seen a dialog pop up when that wasn't the case, too.

Anyway, I'll look at dcrt0.cc and see if the exception handling can be
started a little earlier.