RE: PostgreSQL and CVS DLL

Christopher Faylor writes:

>On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:01:21PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>>Norman,
>>
>>On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:39:56AM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:
>>> OK -- using snapshots from cygwin.com
>>>
>>> postgres runs fine using snapshot DLL dated 20011231
>>> crashes for me with all DLL's dated 20020104 and later
>>>
>>> I have a locally built DLL 20020103 that also crashes
>>
>>Please try to determine what specific Cygwin change is causing the
>>postmaster problem.  Since the date range is small, searching
>cygwin-cvs
>>should not take too long.
>
>Where is the analysis of *where* the program died?  That
>should be pretty
>simple to show.  Look at how-to-debug-cygwin.txt for details.

Chris

I realized that this was a 'crappy bug report' and even mentioned
so in my post but I thought, perhaps wrongly, that this was worth a
'heads up' as I already had several hours into debugging this to no
avail with fetching the snapshot dll's, compiling both postgres and
cygwin with and without -g running the regression test several times
ect..,  and am not sure when my next couple of free hours are going
to be, in order to dig into this deeper,

FWIW - Debugging a daemon is new experience for me :-)

My apologies for the line noise

Norman