Re: Fixing openssh to avoid occasional spurious connection failures

[Get raw message]
>  Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:49:52 +0100
>  From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>
>
>  Oh, btw., I never saw that test program.

I gave the URL to it in my first message about this today to
cygwin-apps.  Here it is
again....
<URL:http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2001-11/msg00080.html>.

>  However, calling bind before calling connect is superfluous and a
>  bit dangerous...
>
>  So, I'm a bit tired right now (about midnight)... does SSH call
>  bind before connect?

No, not by default, but it doesn't matter, because the problem still
happens if you take out the bind() call and the call to getsockname()
after it in my test program.  I mentioned this in my message to
cygwin-developers:

  Note, furthermore, that the problem still occurs if the client
  program doesn't bind() the socket before the connect() -- the only
  reason I do the bind() in the sample program below is to make it
  possible to print out the local port number after a failure.

jik