Re: setup.exe command line options

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:00:23AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>> I'd appreciate it if the current argv code was reverted ASAP.  We can't
>> use the cygwin argv stuff in setup.exe.
>
>Why not? It's been cleanly extracted, and is (one way) GPL compatible.

We've tried (or at least I've tried) to keep the two source bases
separate.  If random bits of cygwin, which we care about, start showing
up in other projects that we really don't care about then it is just
more of a headache to keep track of.

Then there is also the technical reason that we don't need it since
__argv seems to do what we need automatically.  Just include stdlib.h
and you have the parsed command line available.