RFC: Strace mask mnemonics / ORing

Would the addition of mnemonic support and/or ORing in the message filter
mask of strace be useful to people?  I'm thinking along the lines of:

  strace -m syscall+malloc+thread ....

I could see this being useful for setting up aliases etc and not having to
worry if you got the hex looked up and ORed correctly; but I'm sure there
are a lot heavier users of strace than me here, so I figured I'd ask if this
was a solution looking for a problem or if it would actually be worthwhile.

PS: I know Red Hat is still waiting on the copyright assignment to get my
last strace patch in (as am I), sorry about the delay.  We've had some
untimely personal tragedies at work and I haven't been willing or able to
press the issue.  I'll press a little today.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.