Re: problem with 2001-10-26 snapshot (now also 2001-10-29)

On Monday 29 Oct 01, Christopher Faylor writes:
> >Sorry for the lack of detail, but I can't get strace to do anything
> >with this.  It just returns immediately with no output.  Is
> ><http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#STRACE> up to date?
>
> Yes.  If you have mounted your /bin directory using the '-X' option,
> however, strace won't work correctly since it is not a cygwin binary.

Ah.  That was the hint I needed.  I had been supplying strace with a
cygwin path to rsync.

Now that strace is working, the problem goes away.  So I'll just use
strace to invoke rsync from now on.  :-)

> It sounds like you need to debug this problem using gdb.  That means
> building a debugging version of cygwin1.dll.

Sigh.  OK.  But don't delay 1.3.4 on account of this, because I have
no idea when I will get to it.

Cheers,
David