Re: setup.exe command line options

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:53:31PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>There is no way that I know of to do this with a -mwindows based
>>utility, unfortunately.  It's a real pain.  This was recently discussed
>>on the cygwin-xfree mailing list.
>
>How does insight gdb do it?

It is a console application.  If you invoke it via the desktop you'll
actually see a console window flash.  gdb calls FreeConsole when it
thinks that the initialization has completed but there are actually
some cases where insight will die silently after having printed an
error message into the ether.

At one time, there was a cvs checkin war in Cygnus where people were
adding the '-mwindows' option to the link line in Makefile.in and the
next checkin would remove it.