Re: Need name and functionality suggestions for a new utility

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:50:28AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>egor duda wrote:
>>
>> but i want to use these environments (gasp) simultaneously! Ain't it
>> a multitasking OS?
>>

>You've a lot of work to do to allow multiple versions of cygwin1.dll
>executing simultaneously to happen properly.  It has nothing to do with
>multitasking OS.

I've already got much of the work done.  That is what prompted this thread.

>You still won't be able to use both environments simultaneously.  It's
>either one or the other.

I'm not following this discussion closely since it doesn't seem to have
anything to do with my needs but I thought I should point out that
allowing binaries in one directory, with one cygwin dll, to interoperate
with binaries in another directory, which contains another DLL, is
possible but it is not what I was shooting for with cygisolate.