Checking input parameters of syscalls

Hi!

Tuesday, 11 September, 2001 Corinna Vinschen cygwin-patches@cygwin.com wrote:

CV> Frankly, I don't know.  My first guess is to prioritize correctness
CV> over speed ...

[...]

Speaking about correctness. I'm planning yet another update to
testsuite and found that many cygwin functions still crash when
application passes an invalid pointer to them, instead of returning
EFAULT. Should we leave this as it is (to avoid possible slowdown) or
sprinkle check_null_empty_str and check_null_invalid_struct all
around? quick testing shows that IsBadWritePtr() function is
quite fast (~10 microsecinds per call on my K6/400MHz), so i think
the latter is the right way to go.