Re: cygwin 1.3.3 announcment -- extra words solicited

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Make sure you do a:
> thread 1

Thread ID 1 not known.

> bt

Error: No stack.

> If that still doesn't show anything, then:
>
> p /x $esp

Error: No registers.

> x/40x $esp

Error: No registers.

> Then we can laboriously inspect the stack to see if something got clobbered.

Like I said, it's exactly as if I had merely typed 'gdb make.exe' from
the command line.

> Btw, Chuck, is there some reason why you are just subscribed to the digest
> version?  I keep forgetting to Cc you.

Yeah, I run hot-n-cold.  Sometimes I'll go for months without working on
the cygwin dll itself -- concentrating on apps and development tools,
fer instance -- and other times I'm really involved in the kernel.

In the apps&dev periods, it's more convenient for me to just get the
digest version.  During my kernel-hacking periods, it *would* be nice to
be on the main list -- but I haven't figured out how to switch
back-n-forth without requiring you to intervene manually every time.

So, I've stuck with the digest.

--Chuck