Re: rxvt pops up console with 2001-Aug-07 shapshot

>>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:17:49 +0200
>>> Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> said:

> Kazuhiro, did you find your original problem only with inetd
> and cygrunsrv or even when the process has been started by
> SRVANY???

My original problem is that sshd and inetd can't work without
the console window when I execute it not as a service but as an
normal application.

For example, if you execute sshd via the startup shortcut, the
console window pops up and remains until it is terminated by
SIGTERM. If you execute it on a shell prompt and terminate the
shell, the console window of the shell also remains.

> Perhaps we should add a switch to cygrunsrv whether it should call
> AllocConsole() or not?!?

I think inetd and cygrunsrv shouldn't invoke AllocConsole() and
the problem with windows popping up should be solved by Egor's
ttyfier.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  Center for Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology