Re: outstanding issues blocking new release?

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 06:38:13PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>      IMPORTANT QUESTION!
> [...]
> Shall we return to propagating permissions to subfolders and files?
>
> The advantage is that native windows applications would create files
> with useful permissions again.
>
> Since 1.3.2 still propagate permissions, non-developer users wouldn't
> even realize that something has changed. Even users who don't upgrade
> to the latest setup.exe wouldn't have the problem which Charles stumbled
> over. Sorry, Charles! It seems as if you has been sort of a guinea pig...

Ok, I have tested the results and I have reverted the code to
propagate/inherit ACEs to child objects. So the behaviour is
the following now:

- New files and folder created with Cygwin have exactly the ACEs
  corresponding to the POSIX permissions.

- New files and folder created with native Windows apps get the
  permissions from the parent directory.

- The NULL ACE which is used for SUID, SGID and VTX bit is never
  inherited.

Red Hat, Inc.