Re: Looking into setup problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>

> On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 07:07:27AM -0700, Michael A. Chase wrote:

Test radio
> >buttons to plain buttons which set the state of all visible packages.
> >"Skip", "Source", and "Source Only" buttons would be handy then too.
As
> >wide as the package select dialog box is getting, we will have lots
of room
> >for buttons.
>
> But why not use the current method that we have for packages?  Use the
> same multiple select method that DJ used for packages to set the
defaults.

I don't think Michael was proposing changing the multiple select method
per se - I think he was suggesting that as well as prev, curr and test,
we have source only and skip options at the top. I agree with that -
until we can record the users preferences for skipping files, I will be
forever clicking on skip on squid and postgresql. As far as source goes
I do think the current paradigm is wrong... but I've said that before so
I'll shut up now :] He was also suggesting a separate innovation that is
quite nice - only affect the on screen packages when one of the options
(prev/curr/test/skip/source only) is clicked on. This means that if the
user in is full view, they are making a global choice, and if the user
is in any other view, only the visible package lines get altered.

> I don't know what this method is named.  It's not a radio button, it
is
> a... ?

Cyclable widget? I'm not sure.

> cgf