Re: hierarchy in setup (category stuff)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>

> We already have a scanning tool for this.  It builds setup.ini by scanning
> the directories.
>
> I guess it could open each tar file and look there, too, but that seems
like
> overkill for now.

the advantage of tying the meta data to the files is that local copies of
setup.exe & .ini & packages retain the metadata for new files even if
setup.ini isn't updated. I.e. locally scanned files.

> >This is useful for home users as well, and allows a semi-automated
> >"package verification" so that you don't have to check for Devlopment.
>
> How would this allow for verification?  Would there be a global list
> of accepted categories somewhere?

For ones going onto cygwin.com I think that is absolutely appropriate.
Likewise for dependencies - spelling errors could be fatal(), so the
verifier needs to catalog all the files dependencies in whatever fashion,
and check there are no unsatisfied dependencies.

Rob