Re: dll base address

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:52:41AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

For now, I think we should maintain the same practice as we have for the
last five years, i.e., we do nothing.

AFAICT, this is all related to Paul Sokolovsky's auto-import patch to
binutils/ld.  I do remember Paul talking about his techniques but I
can't say for certain that they were actually submitted to the binutils
mailing list.  If they were submitted it was quite some time ago.

If someone has a patch that applies cleanly to the current CVS sources
and a writeup of how auto-import works, I'd like to revisit it again.
I'm not binutils maintainer, however.

I hope that this is not getting confused with Paul's improvements to
--export-all-symbols.  I suggested that I might try his
--export-all-symbols changes in an experimental binutils release but
these are unrelated to his auto-import changes.  I have, however, seen
my name mentioned in reference to auto-import as if I was in favor of
it.  In fact, I only vaguely remember it, and web searches don't turn up
much in the way of description, unfortunately.