whats a good magic number for fifo's?

The title says it all.

I'm extending the magic number checks in fhandler_base... this will have
a performance impact (the assume exe flag and/or ntsec will no longer
shortcut the file open and read tests). I'm open to suggestions for
marking the file as a fifo without magic numbers.

For the moment I will optimise the test by only checking files that are
the right number of bytes long. That should keep things fairly smooth
for most users.

I don't consider the registry a valid option (just imagine the support
requests "we run off a NFS share, we created a fifo, but it's not
recognised .. why not????" ) - but a CYGWIN flag to switch between
registry or magic numbers might work.

Rob