Re: State of the DLL, mark 2?

Hi!

Tuesday, 20 March, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

CF> Ok, I think we've fixed the rxvt hanging problem.

CF> I haven't heard any further feedback on the hangs during build problem.

CF> Is Cygwin still misbehaving when building a sources.redhat.com toolchain?
CF> I tried this the other day and things seemed to be working ok except
CF> for the -mwin32 problems.

i've  stumbled  over  it  just  now.  sh  traps in free() -- someone's
corrupting the heap :(

it's  100% reproducible, and it's traps with 1.1.6 too.

i'm rebuilding cygwin1.dll with MALLOC_DEBUG now. Hopefully, we'll see
who's corrupting the heap.

btw,  how  big  is  MALLOC_DEBUG's  penalty  on performace? perhaps we
should  enable  this  if  configured  with  --enable-debugging? or add
--enable-malloc-debugging?