Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

Hi!

Monday, 19 March, 2001 Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com wrote:

EB> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >
>> > Do you see this when you press CTRL-D to exit the window?
>> >

>> I'm in the habit of typing `exit' which echoes back `logout\n'.  Bash
>> isn't present, rxvt is still active to the cursor but no response.  I'm
>> able to close the window with the "X in the upper right corner" once it
>> is hung.

EB> I just did a cvs update and a build, it's still hangin'.  I used the
EB> CTRL-D method and it hangs with that to.  Not every time, about one in
EB> ten.

  I can reproduce this, though it seems that it's not related to the
latest tty handling changes. At least i see this problem with 1.1.8
too.  When i press ctrl-d and rxvt freezes, the situation is following --
bash successfully exits, rxvt continue to poll master side of pty
and sees eof there, but doesn't take it into account. Quick look in
rxvt sources made me think that rxvt relies solely on SIGCHLD signal
from child process. It seems that in that one of ten times, when rxvt
freezes, it simply doesn't receive SIGCHLD, an continue waiting. Alas,
as most of races, i cannot reproduce this behavior under strace or
gdb.