Re: known issues with current dll

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:46:26PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:37:02PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:52:11PM +0300, Egor Duda wrote:
>>>  my  recent  tty changes broke ^D (eof) in sh.exe and ^Z (suspend) in
>>>bash.exe.   i've  tracked  them down and now figuring a way to fix it.
>>>i'll post a patch when it's ready.
>>
>>I do see the CTRL-D problem but CTRL-Z is working ok for me in both
>>CYGWIN=tty and CYGWIN=notty modes.
>>
>>CTRL-Z does not interrupt a running process with CYGWIN=notty but it
>>has never done that.  It only works when a cygwin process is waiting
>>for input.
>>
>>CTRL-Z does interrupt a process at any time when CYGWIN=tty.
>
>Nevermind.  I see now it is broken.  I just fixed this behavior recently,
>fwiw.  It's back to the way that it used to work.

This looked so much like the problem that I'd had before, that I thought I
should take a look at it.

There was a race beteen EOF and signal processing.  When the parent pty
sent a signal, it also essentially sent an EOF.  So, it was a race in
the child as to which was processed.  This may well have been a problem
with my previous code, too.

I checked in a fix.  I hope.