Re: windows.h

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 02:05:06AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as I am going to release cdrtools-1.10 final soon, I tested
>to compile with the latest cygwin release....
>
>My Question:
>
>-	Is it intended that an application that needs to #include
>	windows.h must to call gcc -I/usr/incude/w32api ?

Grrr........  This is not a cygwin-developers question.  What does
this have to do with "the internals of the Cygwin DLL and the other
components of the winsup directory"?

Regardless, read the cygwin or cygwin-apps mailing list where this issue
has been discussed to death.

>-	It turns out, that mkisofs is irritated by the fact that
>	st_ino + st_dev is not unique. It would be nice if there
>	would be a hint in the FAQ that states that st_ino is
>	only a hash. 'mkisofs' failed if users tried to archive
>	fs trees with more than ~ 3000 files.

Again.  This mailing list is not intended for suggesters.  It is intended
for doers.  If you have an idea, implement it.  Send a patch for the FAQ
if you think that is appropriate or invent a nifty new inode calculator.

We get enough "it would be nice" in the cygwin mailing list.  We don't need
it here too.