Re: Anyone having problems with the latest winsup/cygwin1.dll?

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, edward wrote:

> The crash always happens there, but it depends on which environment
> variables are set. In every case so far, line 617 never had to be executed,
> so it goes from line 616 to 618 then 619. The crash happens because eq is
> garbage by line 619. I suspect it's a memory problem because several
> iterations of this particular code works OK. Anyone happen to have purify on
> nt?

I have Purify "2000" for NT, but have never gotten it to work properly
with gcc generated executables. I spent the better part of a day
researching this to see if anyone had figured it out and came up with
nothing that worked. No matter what I did (seemingly), purify/purecoverage
could not see the relocation section of the executable. If anyone figured
out what parameters needs to be given to gcc to work with Purify (or
Insure++ for that matter), please let me know.

--
it's better to burn out
than to fade away