Re: OemToAnsi patch from 2000-07-04

Hi!

Wednesday, 15 November, 2000 Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp wrote:

>> I have no problem with a Cygwin option.  Should it be more general, though?
>> Something like:
>>
>> set CYGWIN=codepage:oem

KF>  It  doesn't  need such generosity. Because  we can't choose other
KF>  codepages  than  the  system  default ANSI or OEM codepage as the
KF> internal codepage of the Cygwin DLL. I think the following  simple
KF> switch is sufficient for this purpose.

KF> set CYGWIN=oemcp

if there is CYGWIN=codepage:ansi option than you can do something like

set CYGWIN=%CYGWIN% codepage:ansi

and no matter what codepage: was set in your original %CYGWIN% we will
turn back to default.

KF> Anyway, if Egor would like to handle only output messages in the
KF> OEM codepage (866), the idea proposed by Brad Town in the
KF> following message, where an escape sequence switches codepages,
KF> seems to work well.

KF> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-10/msg00848.html

well, using alternative console font is a good idea, but it won't help
if we have

echo blah-blah > "some cyrillic file name written in oem (866) codepage"

command  in  our  script.  But  i  think  both  approaches can coexist
peacefully.