latest/setup.exe

On Tuesday 22 Aug 00, David Starks-Browning writes:
> Also, the 4th paragraph says:
>
> 	If you want to manually select the packages, download them to
> 	your local disk, putting them in an empty temporary
> 	directory. Then, download the setup.exe program to the same
> 	directory and run it from there.
>
> Again, don't they also need setup.ini?  And shouldn't they be told
> about cygwin/contrib?  (Or does setup.exe work without setup.ini if
> it's in a directory full of tar.gz files?  I've only tried it within a
> mirror of latest, and I know that fails.)

Well, I just tried this again, and it actually works now, no 'null'
install when mirroring just cygwin/latest and not cygwin.  (Sorry, I
should have double checked before writing about it.)  Or maybe it
works now because I have /etc/setup and didn't before?  Anyway, one
still misses contrib, and I would argue that's a good enough reason to
remove setup.exe from latest.

Cheers,
David