Re: Clipboard from Cygwin (read-only)

Forgot to mention one thing.  To read from /dev/clipboard, you have to
call read() with a buffer large enough to hold the entire clipboard
message -- no buffering. If you call read() with a buffer too small, it
sets error to EINVAL.  For instance, cat.exe uses a buffer of 4000
bytes; if the contents of the clipboard are larger than that you get an
error. Cat, for instance, reports: "cat: write error: Permission denied"
when the clipboard is bigger than its 4000 byte buffer.

Yeah, this ought to allow buffered reads I suppose, but it's a work in
progress...

--Chuck

P.S. As Chris pointed out, I haven't yet done the copyright assignment
thing, so there will be a small delay while I take care of that. It's
such a shock to suddenly have to wait for real-world postal delays....